The 404’s heritage as Zipp’s icon of speed extends back decades, and its future is even brighter. At 58mm deep, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is ideal for road races, time trial and triathlon, gran fondos, and riding over varied terrain.
The wheelset’s 23mm internal width is perfect for running wider tubeless tires at reduced air pressure. That is a vital component of Total System Efficiency™, or TSE™, an approach to speed on ever-changing roads and riding conditions. Specifically, TSE™ focuses on overcoming specific barriers to speed: wind resistance, gravity, rolling resistance, and vibration losses.
Zipp’s ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology uses an intricate dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Zipp’s use of hookless (straight side) rims in the 404 Firecrest is integral to Making You Faster. With hookless, the transition between the tire and the rim is more seamless and aero. Zipp’s hookless rims have more efficient resin distribution, which means lighter, stronger wheels.
At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a savvy and speedy choice.
- Size (Wheels): 700c
- Rim Construction: Carbon – Hookless
- Tire Compatibility: Tubeless Tires Only
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Brake Compatibility: Disc (Center Lock)
- Driver Body Type: n/a, SRAM XDR, SRAM/SHIMANO Road
- Rim - Inside Width: 23mm
- Rim Finish: UD Fiber, Adhesive Decals
- Rim Profile: Symmetrical
- Spoke Length DS: 248mm, 254mm
- Spoke Length NDS: 252mm
- Weight: 1450g
- Weight Based on Estimated Lightest Weight For Wheelset Configuration: 12mm Through Axles And XDR Body. No Tape or Valve Included in Weight.