This week’s featured build goes to a seasoned road rider who came to us seeking a gravel bike to explore all that the Bay Area has to offer. Above all, he sought comfort, control and great looks. Talking with the rider in more detail only confirmed what we had already mentally recommended: a Mosaic GT-1 45.
The GT-1 is a superb example of premium, domestic frame building. Its custom T3A/2.5V double-butted tubes make for a lightweight and exceptionally strong frameset. On rough roads or demanding gravel, it handles superbly, deftly dispensing with whatever comes its way, softening bumps while retaining a vibrant responsiveness that belies its trail-munching credentials.
As the client was local, he popped in for a bike fit, which led us to suggest a custom geometry, a service Mosiac offers on all of its 1-Series frames for no extra charge. Highlights from the build include a SRAM Mullet drivetrain with a Quarq power meter, Chris King hubs and bottom bracket, and an Enve cockpit.
- Frame: Titanium Mosaic GT-1 45 in matte Pearl Snow White
- Drivetrain: SRAM Force AXS Mullet with Quarq power meter and Chris King bottom bracket
- Cockpit: Chris King headset, Enve complete cockpit and seatpost, Fizik Microtex tape
- Saddle: Fizik Antares Saddle
- Tires: Rene Herse Hurricane Ridge tires (tubeless with Orange Seal)
- Ephemera: Silca cages (black cerakote), Shimano XTR pedals