The React Optray One is a limited-edition version of the Swiss brand's Optray silhouette featuring a tortoiseshell frame with contrast-enhancing red mirroring.
React sunglasses turn infrared light into electrical impulses to automatically toggle between medium, dark and very dark tints as the conditions require.
Imagine for a moment all of the scenarios on the bike where that could be handy, and you'll see why the Swiss brand's ambassador, über-fast Stefan Küng won't ride without them. Into and out of a tunnel, under trees to sun-flooded plains - cycling is a world of light, dark, contrast and shade. As you can imagine, eyewear that can adapt seamlessly and speedily (0.1 seconds, to be exact) to constantly varying light conditions is a game-changer.
We've been testing the React Optray sunglasses since the team behind the brand popped by the shop to say hi, and we have fallen in love with the React concept works.
It's uncanny to have your eyewear shift tints in response to the conditions, even more so when it’s this quick. After a day of wearing them, your eyes relax, as your brain realizes it doesn't have to adapt to every little light change anymore. Instead, a solar cell-powered infrared chip turns oncoming infrared into electrical impulses, which are infused into the rear LCD panel, shifting tints as conditions demand. That process takes a blazing 0.1 seconds - so fast your eye can't register it.
Each pair of React sunglasses is handmade in Switzerland.
- Limited to 999 pairs worldwide
- Timeless tortoise-shell frame design
- Solar-powered 'ShadeTronic®' technology auto-switches between medium, dark or very dark tints in 0.1 seconds - faster than you can see
- No batteries or cables
- Polarized lenses, protecting you from harmful UVA, UVB and UVC rays up to 400nm
- Case and lens cloth included
- Two-year warranty as standard, active from the day of purchase
- Replacement lenses are readily available in case of damage outside of a warranty claim
- Made in Switzerland
- Optics: Polarized, contrast-enhancing red mirroring polarised lenses
- Weight: 36 grams
- Polyamide (Grilamid TR90) frame
- Flexible temple tips and nose pads
- Handmade in Switzerland
- Protection class II, IVCE mark, EU/2016/425, CSA Z94.3, AS/NZS 1067, and IP68: USA standard ANSI Z80.3