You might have seen the KASK Elemento tilting on the cols and cobbles of the pro peloton and wondered when this attractive lid might make it to the US. The answer? Early December. In the meantime, sign up for out-of-stock notifications to be the first to hear when it lands.
The Elemento is KASK newest top-tier bike helmet, an impressively safe, well-ventilated, high-performance model set to cross a lot of finish lines in first place. If you're looking for a cut-to-the-chase summary, simply put, expect masses of ventilation, a fit that feels like it was custom-tuned to your head, and a light, stylish silhouette that you'll forget you're wearing on the road (or gravel, or cyclo-cross mud). It really is that good.
It also needs to be said that the KASK Elemento is an elite-level bike helmet that doesn't make you flinch when you catch your reflection in the hall mirror on the way out to ride. In truth, though, KASK's helmet line has always been one of the better-looking options on the road, and the Elemento further burnishes the Italian brand's credentials for style.
To dive into some of the new tech on offer, Elemento features KASK's Fluid Carbon 12 and Multipod technology. Fluid Carbon 12 is a composite techno-polymer that increases the size of Element's internal channels, improving ventilation whilst simultaneously reducing the size of the ventilation holes, thus improving aerodynamics. Multipod is a KASK-designed 3D-printed structure that enhances the ability of the helmet to withstand linear and rotational impacts. It also has isotropic properties that ensure it behaves consistently, no matter which direction the force is applied.
- Made in Italy
- In-moulding Technology: Guarantees higher safety and complete protection thanks to the polycarbonate layer that covers the shell on the top, on the base ring and on the back
- Octofit+ Retention System: A new, over-injected rubber dial provides improved finger grip. A redesigned vertical stabiliser for greater stability and a customized fit for riders with longer hair. The ergonomic neck support ensures a fast and secure fit against the back of the head
- Multipod: An isotropic material that allows better management of rotational impact energy and increases ventilation
- Aero Control: Incredibly aerodynamic and top performing shell, tested in the wind-tunnel and able to provide a really impressive CX rate. Any position the head will assume the outflow of the air will be perfectly in line with the helmet
- Fluid Carbon 12: A new composite material that reduces the thickness of EPS from the inner shell, in order to improve ventilation and aerodynamics. It also generates a better energy distribution in case of an impact and guarantees a low friction surface between the helmet and the impact surface
- Safety Standards: CE EN 1078, CE EN 1078, CPSC 1203, AS/NZS 2063
- Virginia Tech Rating: 5 stars
- Weight: 260 g (M size)
- Made in Italy