Bjōrn’s Probka saddle is a cork marvel. Topped with a natural cushioning material that demonstrates excellent dampening characteristics, the Probka smooths the road and keeps the power going to the pedals without excess flex. But it still deforms to the rider’s pressure points over time, adjusting uniquely to each rider. In detail, the Probka’s cork top is 8mm thick, with a pressure relief channel in front.
For those concerned about longevity, look to cork’s myriad uses, from shoes to furniture and even aerospace applications. It’s safe to say that a cork saddle is an investment for life, one only enhanced by the infusion of a special treatment during production - the same process that keeps cork fishing rod handles going for decades - to guard against excess moisture, salt and UV rays.
For weight and cushioning within the Bjōrn saddle range, the Probka sits between the all-carbon Sedlo saddle and the Setka saddle with its 3D-printed pad. At only 107g, the Probka is one of the lightest padded bike saddles in the world.
Evidence of the engineering prowess of Bjōrn’s founders, Artem and Ivan, abounds underneath. Bonded rails, often the Achilles heel of all-in-one saddle design, are out in favor of time-proven mechanical insertion. In this case, into the reinforced slots of the saddle’s carbon triangular base pattern. Compared to adhesive bonding, this design confers greater reliability without a significant weight penalty.
The Probka saddle pad is comfortable for most types of riding. However, it is a road saddle, first and foremost. Cork is a wonder material, but it will not thank you for hard impacts with rocks and trees.
- Made from cork, a natural cushioning material with excellent damping properties that smooth out vibrations from the road while maintaining great power transfer
- Features an 8-mm thick pad with a pressure relief channel in the front
- A special compound provides protection against moisture, salt, and UV rays
- A carbon fibre base, with fitted, reinforced rails provides greater reliability than bonding alone
- Made in Slovenia
- Weight: 107 grams
- Length: 250 mm
- Width: 143 mm
- Rail to saddle top: 30 to 35 mm depending on the position against seatpost
- Max. permissible total weight (rider + saddle bag): 120 kg
- Rails: Carbon 7 x 9 mm
- Shell: Carbon
- Pad: Cork